If you’ve always longed for your breakfast to have a bit more of a kick, The Tumeric Latte smoothie bowl is for you. The aromatic flavours of this breakfast are absolutely perfect for a taste sensation first thing in the morning.
Recipes, styling and photographs by Katelyn Williams
Assisted by Cassandra Upton
The Tumeric Latte smoothie bowl
Coconut turmeric smoothie
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 80g (1 cup) desiccated coconut, blitzed until fine + extra 20g (¼ cup)
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cardamom
- 1,25ml (¼ tsp) ground ginger
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut cream, refrigerated
- 15ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- coconut sugar, to sweeten
- toasted coconut flakes, to garnish
- 1 small fresh mango, peeled and thinly sliced
For the smoothie, combine the coconut milk and desiccated coconut in a small pot over medium heat and simmer until a thickened porridge consistency is achieved, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla seeds, as well as the spices.
For the coconut froth, using an electric mixer, beat the coconut cream and maple syrup together until stiff peaks form.
To assemble the latte bowl, pour the turmeric smoothie into a bowl and dollop the coconut froth atop. Scatter over coconut flakes, coconut sugar and add the fresh mango slices to the bowl.