Turkish delight and berry jellies with rose cream
- 300g fresh mixed berries (such as sliced strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants or blueberries)
- 500ml (2 cups) clear raspberry or berry juice
- 45ml (3 tbsp) castor sugar
- 4 gelatine leaves soaked in 60ml (¼ cup) cold water
- 45ml (3 tbsp) rose-water
- ROSE CREAM
- 200ml fresh cream, whipped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) castor sugar
- 10ml (2 tsp) rose-water
Divide the berries between 6 serving dishes.
In a saucepan, heat half the juice with the castor sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the softened gelatine leaves and stir until dissolved. Stir in the remaining juice and the rose-water.
Pour the jelly mixture over the fruitand refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
To make the rose cream, fold the sugar and rose-water gently into the whipped cream.
Serve the jellies with the rose cream.
- For firmer jelly, add an extra gelatine leaf (this applies to all recipes using gelatine leaves).
- Use a little less rose-water if you prefer a subtler taste.