Warm baby marrow and roast chicken salad served with zesty vinaigrette and Parmesan shavings is hearty enough that it’ll make the perfect supper. Baby marrow and Parmesan is a classic combination, made even better with the zing of vinaigrette.
Warm baby marrow and roast chicken salad served with zesty vinaigrette and Parmesan shavings
- 250g baby marrows, thinly sliced
- 20ml olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g ready-bought roast chicken, heated and thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 40ml Parmesan, freshly shaved
- 50ml olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30ml fennel seeds, lightly toasted
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Put the baby marrow on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season. Bake until it’s lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together.
Place the baby marrow on a serving plate together with the chicken. Sprinkle with the spring onion and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Scatter the Parmesan over and serve while still warm.