The new season’s flavours of young broad beans and baby leaves tossed with warm pancetta are beautifully balanced with the saltiness of feta.
TO DRINK: Zoetendal Sauvignon Blanc is crisp and dry, with firm acidity and a lingering aftertaste – ideal for salads.
Warm broad bean, pancetta and feta salad with a fresh lemon and herb dressing
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml (¼ cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh herbs (such as mint, basil, parsley or coriander), finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) brown sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 300g broad beans
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 150g pancetta, diced
- 200g baby salad leaves
- ½ red onion, finely sliced into strips
- 100g feta
For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
For the salad, blanch the broad beans in a pot of salted boiling water and shell. Set aside, working quickly so that the beans remain warm.
In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the pancetta until heated through and slightly crisped. Set aside and keep warm.
Divide the salad leaves between four bowls. Top with the beans, pancetta, onion and feta. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.