A winter-warmer salad that will leave a smile on everyone’s face – warm white bean, chilli and mozzarella salad.
Warm white bean, chilli and mozzarella salad
- 2 x 410g tins cannellini beans, rinsed
- and drained
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 – 3 large mozzarella balls, broken
- microgreens, to serve
- micro spring onions, to serve
- roasted Rosa tomatoes, to serve
Place the beans, oil, chilli, lemon zest and juice, and cumin in a saucepan. Gently heat without stirring (the beans should stay intact) and season well.
Spoon into a serving bowl while warm. Add the red onion and mozzarella, and adjust seasoning.
Serve the salad with plenty of microgreens, micro spring onions and spicy roasted tomatoes.