Recipe by Angela Ridge
Watermelon with pistachio dukkah
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 15ml (1 tbsp) coriander seeds
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cumin seeds
- 60g (½ cup) pistachios, dry-roasted
- 10ml (2 tsp) salt flakes
- 1kg watermelon, peeled and cut into large cubes or batons
Combine the sesame, coriander and cumin seeds in a small frying pan over low heat until lightly toasted.
Place the spices in a small food processor bowl, add the pistachios and salt. Blend until nearly ground, keeping a bit of texture to the dukkah – it looks beautiful too.
Sprinkle over the watermelon cubes and serve.