This pairs perfectly with a selection of cured meats. Add a light salad and you have a lovely alfresco lunch option.
TRY THIS: 4 quick and easy pickle recipes
Recipe and styling by Sarah Graham
Photograph by Kyle Rogers
Wild mushroom, rosemary and garlic pickle
- 100ml apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 15 – 30ml (1 – 2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 100ml water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 15ml (1 tbsp) demerara or light brown sugar
- 400g mixed wild mushrooms, roughly chopped
Add all of the ingredients except the mushrooms to a heavy-based medium pot and simmer together gently, 5 – 10 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and spoon the ingredients into sterilised jars. Set aside to cool before sealing.
Can be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.