Recipe and styling by Sarah Dall
Photograph by Myburgh du Plessis
Cajun chicken with pineapple salsa
- 8 chicken pieces (on the bone)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g cornflakes
- 100g cake flour, seasoned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 60ml (¼ cup) sunflower oil
- 1 pineapple, peeled, core removed (and discarded) and diced
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Season the chicken pieces. Place the cornflakes in a food processor and blend to a fine crumb. Dust a chicken piece with the flour, dip into the egg and, finally, coat in the cornflake crumbs. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces. Drizzle over the oil and bake in the oven until cooked through, 45 minutes.
For the salsa, mix together the pineapple, lime zest and juice, coriander and red onion and season to taste. Remove the chicken from the oven and serve topped with pineapple salsa.