Held on the second Sunday of May each year, mother’s day is a celebration honouring and showing appreciation towards one’s mother, motherhood, maternal bonds as well as matriarchal figures in society. Here is a home-made Rooibos chai sugar body scrub treats for the wonderful women in your life…
Rooibos chai sugar body scrub
- 440g brown sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) olive/almond/deodorised coconut oil
- 60ml (¼ cup) Rooibos tea leaves
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cloves
- pinch ground cardamom
- 1 thumb-size piece fresh ginger
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
Mix all of the ingredients together until combined. Place in airtight jars and store at room temperature.
To use, rub all over your body, hands or lips, then wash off with warm water.