Christmas is all about spending time with family and friends. While some families take turns to host their Christmas lunch, others may have it at the same house each year. However, preparing for the special lunch can be time-consuming and tiring.
This also means that after cooking and making sure that everyone has eaten, you will need to clean up and make sure your kitchen and house are clean.
Simple ways to clean up after Christmas lunch:
Here are some simple ways to clean up after a Christmas lunch, suggested by Real Simple – a website with experts focusing on simplifying life.
- Clear the table and gather all of the dirty dishes.
- Wipe down the table and chairs.
- Sweep or vacuum any crumbs or other debris on the floor.
- Dispose of any food waste.
- Wash any dishes, utensils, and table linens.
- Wipe down any surfaces that may have been used for the meal.
The most strenuous activity to do when you are trying to clean up after lunch is washing the dishes. Here are ways to make sure that you minimise the number of dishes when you are still busy in the kitchen, as suggested by Real Simple:
- Use disposable plates, utensils, and cups.
- Cook and serve food in disposable aluminium pans or containers.
- Use a paper towel as a napkin.
- Set out a large trash can or two to collect all of the trash and food scraps.
- Have a dishwasher available to help with the clean-up.
Compiled by Silindokuhle Booi for BONA Magazine.
Feature image: Pexels