This yummy mussel chowder recipe is definitely one for the books!
- 4 corn on cobs, cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 onion, fi nely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 potatoes, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 l fish stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1 kg black mussels, cleaned
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Crusty loaf, toasted, to serve
1. Cut the kernels from the cob and set aside. Heat oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the prosciutto, onions and garlic together for 2–3 minutes, until golden. Add the corn, potatoes and stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
2. Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and stir in the cream. Add the mussels and cook covered for 2–3 minutes or until the mussels open. Remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the chives and parsley and serve alongside the toasted bread.