In the mood for a seafood dish? Try this delicious pan-fried fish with braised peas recipe!
- 20 g butter
- 1 leek,
- thinly sliced
- 3 garlic
- 2 tsp flour
- 1⁄2 cup
- chicken stock
- 2 cos lettuce, outer leaves shredded and inner hearts halved lengthways
- 150 g sugar snap peas,
- halved lengthways
- 200 ml cream cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 200 g firm white fish fillets, skin on
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook for 5–6 minutes until soft.
2. Increase heat to high. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute until well combined. Whisk in the stock and bring to the boil. Add lettuce and cook for 4 minutes until the liquid has reduced slightly.
3. Add the peas and cream cheese and bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste.
4. Season the fish. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the fish in batches, skin side down, for 2 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes Remove from the pan.
5. Serve the fish with the braised peas and lettuce, topped with the herbs and lemon wedges.
ALSO SEE COMBINATION SHORT SOUP RECIPE