Hailing from the mountains of Lebanon and Syria this dish ticks all the boxes when it comes to fabulous fresh flavours.
- ¼ cup bulgur wheat
- 150 grams kale, trimmed and finely shredded
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250 grams peeled and deveined prawns, cooked and halved
- ¾ cup parsley leaves
- ¾ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 100 grams yellow baby tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tortilla wraps, toasted and cut into quarters
PLACE bulgar wheat and kale in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the boiling water, cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes, until soft. Drain, if necessary, and return to the bowl.
ADD chickpeas, half the prawns and all of the mint, coriander, tomatoes and onion to the bulgar wheat and kale. Season and stir to combine. Add the lemon juice and oil and gently toss.
DIVIDE tabbouleh between serving plates, top with remaining prawns and accompany each serving with two quarters of toasted tortilla.
HANDS-ON TIME 30 mins | TOTAL TIME 40 mins | SERVES 8
ALSO SEE MUSSEL CHOWDER RECIPE