This Roast chicken burrito dish is brimming with flavour and uses simple and accessible store-bought ingredients.
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed well
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. chopped coriander
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup store-bought tomato salsa
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup tinned chopped pineapple, drained
- 1 mielie, charred and kernels removed
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 cup tinned black beans, drained and seasoned
- ⅓ cup plain yoghurt
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 wraps, cut into triangles and toasted
COOK rice according to package instructions. Stir through olive oil and 2 tbsp chopped coriander.
MIX shredded chicken, tomato salsa and paprika in a bowl. Season to taste.
TOSS the pepper, red onion, tomatoes, lemon juice, tinned pineapple and remaining coriander together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
ARRANGE the rice, chicken, red pepper salsa, mielie kernels, avocado and beans in serving bowls and top with plain yoghurt and fresh coriander. Serve alongside lime wedges and toasted tortillas.