The perfect dinner – aromatic fillet and baby marrow served on a bed of deep-fried noodles. You can substitute the baby marrow with any other vegetable you prefer.
TO DRINK: Flagstone Bowwood cabernet/merlot blend.
Aromatic fillet and baby marrow served on a bed of deep-fried noodles
- 120ml olive oil
- 20ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 700g fillet, cut into small cubes
- 6 baby marrows, cut into small cubes
- 40ml fresh marjoram
- 40ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 12 capers
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 600g noodles, deep-fried, to serve
Heat 20ml of the olive oil and butter, and sauté the garlic for about a minute.
Add the fillet and marrow and sauté until the meat is cooked and the baby marrow is browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the herbs, capers and lemon juice, and season well.
To serve, place the noodles on a serving dish and top with the fillet and baby marrow.