Asian Fizz is just the right combination of sharp, spicy and sweet. Created by Domenico De Lorenzo and Dino Batista, liquid chefs of Molecular Bars, it’s sure to be unlike anything you’ve ever had before. A truly unique mixed drink!
Consult the Mama Africa for the Chinese five-spice syrup recipe.
Asian Fizz cocktail - Molecular Bars FeaturePrint Recipe
- 12,5ml (½ a shot glass) Chinese fivespice syrup (see cook’s tip below)
- 12,5ml (½ a shot glass) fresh lime juice
- 37,5ml (1½ shot glasses) Sailor Jerry Rum
- handful fresh coriander
- small piece fresh bird’s-eye chilli
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) Chinese five-spice powder
- orange peel plait, to serve
Shake all of the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker and double strain into an old-fashioned crystal cut glass.
Serve with the orange peel plait.
Domenico's tip: For the Chinese five-spice syrup, make the sugar syrup seen in the Mama Africa cocktail and add 10ml (2 tsp) of Chinese fivespice powder per 200ml of sugar syrup. For the orange peel plait (in image), use a zester to peel a large piece of orange skin. Cut it into three strips and plait.