TO DRINK (F&HE): The acidity and bubbles in Graham Beck Brut Rosé will cut the creaminess of the avocado and pine nuts and stand up to the saltiness of the pancetta.
Avocado, pancetta and pine nut salad
- 12 slices of pancetta
- 50g pine nuts
- 15ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil, or to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 big handfuls of baby spinach, washed and dried
Heat a frying pan and fry the pancetta slices until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, lightly toast the pine nuts.
Make the dressing by whisking together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and some salt and pepper. Taste to make sure your dressing is balanced – add a little more oil or vinegar if you need to.
Mix the avocado wedges with the spinach leaves, pancetta and toasted pine nuts. Season well and drizzle over the dressing. Great served with some warm crusty bread and a lovely glass of wine.