These bite-size snacks are packed full of flavour. The same filling can be used to make fresh cucumber or grilled aubergine roll-ups.
Baby marrow and cream cheese roll-ups
- 2 – 4 large baby marrows
- olive oil, for frying + extra, to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 230g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5ml (1 tsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 30ml (2 tbsp) pine nuts
- 20ml (4 tsp) pitted olives, chopped + extra whole olives, to serve
- 10ml (2 tsp) chives, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) mint, chopped + mint leaves, to serve
Use a vegetable peeler and peel 20 thick ribbons from the baby marrows.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the baby marrow ribbons, 10 – 15 seconds a side. Try to cook them as quickly as possible as you don’t want them to go too limp. Season and set aside to cool.
Combine the remainder of the ingredients to form the filling and season.
Lay the baby marrow ribbons flat on a clean work surface. Place a dollop of filling at one end of each ribbon and roll up gently to encase the filling. Repeat with the rest of the roll-ups.
Drizzle with a little extra olive oil just before serving.
Use flavoured cream cheese for extra flavour and, if you like spicy food, try adding freshly chopped chillies to the cream cheese mix.