Baby spinach and avocado salad with fennel, toasted walnuts and crispy bacon
- 60ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 300g baby spinach and a variety of
- other baby lettuce leaves
- 2 green apples, cored and
- thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g walnuts, lightly toasted
- 250g streaky bacon, grilled until crisp
For the vinaigrette, whisk all of the ingredients together and set aside.
To assemble the salad, scatter the baby spinach and leaves across the plate or platter and stack with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over the vinaigrette just before serving.
The vinaigrette can be made in advance and will keep, refrigerated, in a sealed jar for up to 2 weeks.