Bacon, banana and yoghurt quiche
- 400g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 200g streaky bacon, lightly fried
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 250ml (1 cup) plain yoghurt
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cake flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 15ml (1 tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white Cheddar, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- green salad, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Line a 15cm-diameter springform cake tin with the pastry. Make sure all edges are sealed so that the filling cannot leak. Bake blind for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and arrange the bacon, onion and bananas on the bottom of the pastry case.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, yoghurt, flour, baking powder, mustard and cheese. Season and pour into the pastry case.
Bake until the filling is firm, about 40 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature, with a green salad on the side.