Banana and peanut butter ice-cream sandwiches
- 8 large ginger-snap biscuits
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 60ml (¼ cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 litre quality vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
Brush the bases of the ginger snap biscuits generously with the melted chocolate and place on a tray in the refrigerator until set.
Place the peanut butter in a dish in the microwave on high for 20 – 30 seconds so that it is soft. Gently stir the softened peanut butter into the ice cream to create a ripple effect. Stir in the banana slices.
Place a scoop of the ice cream, including a few banana slices, on the base of a biscuit and top with another biscuit to form a sandwich. Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
Cook's tip; You can use any hard, crunchy biscuit instead of ginger snaps.