Beetroot carpaccio with avocado salsa, salmon ribbons and walnuts is a colourful, delicious dish that makes the most of seasonal ingredients. Fresh, fun, and super tasty.
Beetroot carpaccio with avocado salsa, salmon ribbons and walnuts
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 125ml (½ cup) red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 beetroots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and cubed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Westfalia Avocado Oil
- Lemon-flavoured infusion/olive oil
- 50g capers, deep-fried
- 100g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 200g salmon ribbons
- microherbs, to garnish
- lemon wedge, to serve
For the vinaigrette, heat all of the ingredients – except the beetroot slices – in a small pot over medium heat. Allow to simmer, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool and season to taste.
Place the sliced beetroot in a large bowl. Pour over the marinade, cover with cling film and refrigerate to marinate, 2 hours or preferably overnight.
For the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Remove the beetroot carpaccio from the fridge and lay the slices on a serving platter, discarding the marinade. Top with the remaining salad ingredients and the avocado salsa. Garnish with microherbs, season to taste and add a lemon wedge for squeezing.