TO DRINK: Freshly pressed apple and ginger juice.
Beetroot, orange and baby sprouts
- 12 small beetroot, parboiled
- 60ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small orange, segmented
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- 250ml (1 cup) baby sprouts
- 100g almonds, toasted
Heat the oil in a large frying pan for a few minutes. Add the beetroot, sugar, thyme, ginger and season. Cook until the beetroot is slightly caramelised, for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Place the beetroot on a serving dish and top with the orange segments,b scatter with the cheese, sprouts and almonds. Serve.