Nothing beats ice cream in summer, specially when combined with two of my favourite things – chocolate and berries. You can use any berries in season.
Blueberry chocolate ice-cream sandwich
- 800ml best-quality vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 170g fresh blueberries, lightly mashed
- 200g chocolate (we used Toblerone), coarsely chopped
- 12 butter wafer or Belgian waffle biscuits
- maple syrup, to serve
- extra blueberries, to serve
In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, blueberries and chocolate. Mix quickly and place in the freezer for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Remove the mixture from the freezer when it is hard, but still manageable.
To make individual portions, place 4 scoops of ice cream on a tray and top each with a biscuit. Repeat 3 times, ending with a layer of ice cream. Make sure the biscuits are well covered with ice cream on all surfaces.
Wrap each portion tightly in foil and return to the freezer for at least 1 hour.
To serve, remove the foil, cut the edges neatly off each portion and serve immediately, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with extra blueberries.