The addition of fresh ginger gives this pasta a refreshing twist.
Broccoli, pea, ginger and bacon pasta
- 30ml olive oil
- 10ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 20ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 350g broccoli florets, stems removed, steamed
- 150g fresh peas, steamed
- 200g bacon bits, fried
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g spaghetti
- 50g Parmesan, freshly grated
Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan, and sauté the garlic and ginger. Stir in the broccoli, peas and bacon, and season.
Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Put the pasta in a serving bowl and toss through the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve while still hot.