Butter cake with whipped cream, summer berries and orange zest
- 1 loaf of Madeira sponge cake or flavoured pound cake
- 100ml fresh cream, whipped
- 500ml mixed berries such as strawberries, blueberries and gooseberries
- zest and juice of 2 oranges grated
- fresh mint sprigs and cherries, to serve
Slice the cake into 1,5cm slices and layer along a serving platter with the cream and berries in between.
Sprinkle the orange zest over the loaf and add a few squeezes of juice too.
Top with the mint and cherries and serve.