A spicy veggie delight, these cauliflower pakoras are perfect as a side dish or even added to salads for some crunch.
- 150g (1¼ cups) cake flour
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
- 1 large egg
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 300g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- vegetable oil, for frying
- fresh mint leaves, to serve
- fresh lime wedges, to serve
- cream cheese dip, to serve
Combine the cake flour, spices, egg and water in a large bowl and mix well. Season, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Cook the cauliflower in salted boiling water until tender but still retaining a bite, about 4 – 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Remove the batter from the fridge and coat the cauliflower in the mixture.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry batches of the cauliflower until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
Season the cauliflower with plenty of sea salt flakes and serve with fresh mint, lime wedges and a creamy dip.