Chicken and pistachio dukkah couscous is bursting with Middle Eastern flavours and is a perfect lunch for the sophisticated palate. Light, filling, and delicious!
Chicken and pistachio dukkah couscous
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 500g couscous, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 45ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 50g bought dukkah
- 60ml (¼ cup) pistachios, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 200g green beans, tailed, blanched and sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) flaked almonds, toasted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a pan. Gently fry the onion and garlic for 2 – 3 minutes.
Increase the heat, add the chicken and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cardamom pods, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook until heated through, about 3 – 4 minutes.
Adjust the seasoning only if necessary just before serving.
To drink: With its peaches-and-spice profile, Viognier loves Middle Eastern flavours. Try Fleur du Cap Unfiltered Viognier.