Enjoy the warmth and flavour of our Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Soup Recipe. This comforting blend of tender chicken, earthy shiitake mushrooms, and aromatic herbs will satisfy your soul on any chilly day – because we all know Spring is a late-bloomer.
Chicken And Shiitake Mushroom Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 900ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2tbsp tamari
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large red chilli, chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, finely sliced
- 75g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 75g mangetout
- 100g rice noodles, cooked
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Place the chicken and stock in a saucepan.
Add the ginger, tamari, spring onions, red chilli and lemongrass, cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
Add the mushrooms, simmer gently for 5 minutes, then add the mangetout and rice noodles to the soup.
Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the coriander, stir well and serve.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, this soup is delicious with chunks of tofu (added at the end of cooking the broth). For seafood variations, try prawns or chunks of white fish.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us on Instagram @foodandhomesa!
Recipe and feature image: Woman&Home