TO DRINK: Eikendal Wooded Semillon 2008: rich and fruity.
Chicken, cashew and mandarin salad
- 1 x 312g tin mandarin segments, plus the juice
- 10ml (2 tsp) lime juice
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 20ml (4 tsp) honey
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, skin on
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g cos lettuce
- 100g fresh coriander
- 50g cashew nuts, toasted
- 4 small beetroots, boiled and quartered
To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
Brush the chicken with the oil and season well.
Heat a large griddle pan over medium heat and cook the chicken until crisp-skinned and cooked through, about 10 minutes on each side.
Slice the chicken and arrange with the lettuce, coriander, cashews and beetroot. Spoon over the dressing and serve.