Chicken, haloumi and preserved lemon skewers
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 500g haloumi, cut into pieces
- 60ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, extra
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- pita bread, baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
Place the chicken, haloumi, lemon juice, olive oil, preserved lemon, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat the extra oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or skottel over medium heat.
Thread the chicken, haloumi and oregano leaves onto skewers and fry until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 – 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with pita bread, baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges.