- 1kg skinless boneless chicken breasts, beaten flat
- 125ml (½ cup) soy sauce
- 125ml (½ cup) dry sherry
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 125ml (½ cup) vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 20ml (4 tsp) Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 70g cornflour
- 60g (½ cup) cake flour
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 60ml (¼ cup) slivered almonds, roasted
- 500g fusilli pasta, cooked
- 1 cos lettuce, shredded
Put the chicken in a large bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together. and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together and refrigerate until needed.
Mix the cornflour, flour and salt in a bowl. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and dip them in the flour mixture.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the chicken in batches until golden and crispy. Drain and allow to cool completely.
Once cool, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
Toss the chicken, spring onions, almonds and pasta with enough dressing to coat well. Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and top with the chicken mixture.