The world’s most decadent cake with the perfect combination for anyone to enjoy. You simply add all the ingredients into your OptiMUM for a quick mix and pop your cake in the oven. Top your cake off with a beautiful dark chocolate glaze paired with fresh berries.
Recipe by Claire Allen
- 250 g Butter (softened)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups plain flour
- 180 ml cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 500ml sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 250g mascarpone
- 250ml cream
- drop of vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 60 g butter
- ½ cup (icing sugar (sifted)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Fresh berries (raspberries or strawberries are Claire’s favourite)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Line 3 cake pans with Glad Bake & Cooking Paper.
- In a large bowl sieve all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on a low to medium speed with an electric mixer until just combined but smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the 3 prepared pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow cakes to stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Remove Glad Bake & Cooking Paper and allow to cool.
- To make the filling combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into your saucepan on a low heat.
- Cook and stir mixture for 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into small bowl and allow to cool in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until glaze is spreadable.
Once cakes are cooled:
- Trim the tops so that all layers are level.
- Place one cake on a cake stand and spread a generous amount of mascarpone filling on top. Place the second cake layer on top of the mascarpone filling and spread with another layer of mascarpone filling.
- Add the last layer of cake and spread generously with the glaze.
- Decorate with fresh berries.