This linguini is great for a summer supper with crispy bread and a leafy green salad.
Creamy white wine and lemon prawn linguini
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 500g prawns, peeled, cleaned and tails intact
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 100ml dry white wine
- 100ml fresh cream
- 500g fresh linguini
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan, freshly grated
- salt and cracked black pepper, to serve
- sprigs of dill, to garnish
- lime wedges, to garnish
Melt the butter in a frying pan over moderate heat and add the spring onions, garlic and chilli and cook until softened. Add the prawns and cook for no more than 1 minute.
Add the lemon juice and white wine. Then add the cream and reduce for about 2 minutes.
Cook the linguini in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
Sprinkle the Parmesan into the creamy prawns. Stir through and season.
To serve, arrange the warm pasta in a shallow bowl, pile the creamy prawns on top and garnish with dill and lime wedges.
To drink: De Wetshof Finesse Chardonnay will pair with this creamy, buttery dish and pick up on the citrus.