Fish stock for Black truffle soup with prawns and langoustines
- 1,5kg fish trimmings (this can include bones, skin and heads)
- 10 leeks, roughly chopped
- 3 fennel bulbs, roughly chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped, with stalks
- 500ml (2 cups) white wine
- 1L (4 cups) water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Rinse the bones and trimmings thoroughly and place into a large heavy-base stock pot. Add all the other ingredients, bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, 30 – 45 minutes. Skim the top foam every five minutes as it forms.
Remove from heat and strain to remove the bones, trimmings and vegetables. This can be refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for a month. For a more clear stock, use muslin cloth to strain.