Fried cauliflower florets with herb salsa
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh mint
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh basil
- 200ml olive/avocado oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 2 small heads firm cauliflower
- 45ml (3 tbsp) cake flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- sunflower oil, for frying
For the salsa, blend all the ingredients in a food processor (or with a hand blender) until finely chopped and mixed. Refrigerate until needed.
Bring a pan of water to the boil.Separate the cauliflower into small florets and boil for 5 minutes. Remove and drain well.
Mix the flour with the paprika and season well.
Heat the oil in a saucepan. When hot, dip each cauliflower floret in the flour and then deep-fry in batches until golden. Remove and drain on paper towel. Serve immediately, with vthe salsa.