Stand a chance to win a R1 000 SPAR voucher. Enter here. Competition ends 31 January 2018.
Fusilli tossed in a creamy lemon sauce with baby marrow ribbons and prawns
- 80ml (⅓ cup) SPAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) SPAR Salted Butter
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 625g SPAR Prawn Tails, defrosted
- 45ml (3 tbsp) white wine
- 45ml (3 tbsp) SPAR Lemon Juice
- 125ml (½ cup) liquid fish stock
- 250ml (1 cup) SPAR Long Life Cream
- 125g SPAR Crème Fraîche
- 15ml (1 tbsp) SPAR Tomato Paste
- 2 baby marrows, sliced into ribbons and blanched
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- SPAR Himalayan Pink Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g SPAR Fusilli
Heat 45ml (3 tbsp) of the olive oil and the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, and sauté the garlic and spring onions, a few seconds.
Add the prawn tails and continue to cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Pour in the wine, lemon juice and fish stock, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and continue to simmer, a few more minutes.
Add the cream, crème fraîche and tomato paste, and heat through. Turn off the heat.
Mix in the baby marrows and flat-leaf parsley, and season well.
In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli according to packaging instructions until al dente and drain.
Toss the sauce and prawn tails through the pasta, then drizzle the remaining olive oil over the pasta and serve.