Goat’s cheese, tomato and bacon crostini
- 5 – 6 slices streaky bacon
- 1 ciabatta or San Francisco sourdough loaf, sliced
- olive or avocado oil, to drizzle + extra, to serve
- 1 whole garlic clove, peeled
- 1 goat’s cheese log, sliced
- 100g baby Rosa tomatoes, halved
- fresh coriander, to serve
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place the bacon on one tray and bake until crisp.
Place the bread slices on the other baking tray, drizzle with olive or avocado oil and bake until crisp. While still warm, rub the toast slices with the garlic clove.
To serve, top the toast with cheese, tomatoes, fresh coriander and Pea, mint and feta fritters crumbled crispy bacon, and season well with black pepper.
The peppery flavour of fresh rocket would be a delicious addition. Add a dollop or two of sweet chilli sauce for a spiced flavour kick.