TO DRINK: A wooded chardonnay stands up to the richness of the pesto and bacon
Green olive tapenade with fettuccine and bacon
- 350g fettuccine
- 300g green olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- a small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150g crispy bacon, to serve
- fresh basil, to serve
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
For the tapenade, place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and, using a hand blender, blitz to form a chunky paste.
Add the tapenade to the warm pasta and toss. Crumble the crispy bacon into the pasta and toss well. Adjust the seasoning.
Spoon into serving bowls and serve with plenty of fresh basil and grated Parmesan.