TO DRINK: Nitida Sauvignon Blanc is a bright and lively match.
Grilled aubergine, pestoglazed cherry tomatoes and baby mozzarella salad
- 4 medium aubergines, thinly sliced
- 60ml (¼ cup) garlic, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500ml (2 cups) vine or cherry tomatoes
- 80ml ( cup) basil pesto
- 500ml (2 cups) baby mozzarella balls
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- warm ciabatta, to serve
Place the aubergines, garlic and oil in a large bowl and toss to coat well. Season and toss again. Heat a griddle pan to hot and grill the aubergine on both sides until golden and tender.
Preheat the oven grill. Toss the tomatoes and pesto together and place on a baking tray. Grill until soft and tender, about 4 – 5 minutes. Season.
Toss the aubergines, tomatoes and mozzarella together. Sprinkle with the basil and serve either warm or at room temperature with the warm ciabatta on the side.