TO DRINK: De Trafford Chenin Blanc, pale and honey-rich, will match the chicken and offset the herbs.
Grilled flatbreads topped with sweet chicken, mushrooms and purple basil
- 240g (2 cups) cake flour
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 80ml (? cup) hot water
- 80ml (? cup) cold water
- 4 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 125ml (½ cup) ready-made plum sauce
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80ml (? cup) cream cheese
- 250g (1 punnet) mushrooms, fried
- fresh purple basil, to serve
For the flatbreads, mix the flour, baking powder, hot and cold water in a food processor until the dough comestogether. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Heat a griddle pan or outside barbeque grill until smoking hot.Divide the dough in half and roll each piece out as thinly as possible. Grill on both sides until crisp.
For the topping, combine the chicken,plum sauce and parsley and season.
Spread the cream cheese on the grilled flatbreads and top with the chicken mixture, mushrooms and basil. Serve immedi