Beans on toast, bacon and eggs are perfect for breakfast. This is a glamorised version with chorizo sausage and Parma ham.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 10cm chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 60ml (¼ cup) tomato paste
- 80ml (1/3 cup) red wine vinegar
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 30ml – 45ml (2 tbsp – 3 tbsp) water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 160g feta
- Parma ham, thinly sliced and fried, to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add the chorizo and fry for 2 minutes.
Add the spring onion and oregano, and stir for 1 minute. Add the beans, tomato paste, vinegar, tomatoes and water, and simmer until thick, about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
Fry the eggs, sunny-side up, until cooked.
Divide the bean mixture between 4 bowls. Top with the eggs, two to a bowl. Crumble the feta over, season and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with Parma ham and serve immediately.