Rich in vitamin C and carotenoids, peppers also contain luteolin, an important antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Herb-roasted red peppers
- 4 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 125ml (½ cup) green olives, pitted
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh oregano
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 red chillies, seeded and sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place the pepper halves skin-sidedown on the baking paper and top with the olives.
Sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients and bake until cooked, about 30 minutes.