Why not combine two absolutely delicious sweet treat into hot cross bun tiramisu? So creamy, sweet, cinnamon-y, chocolaty… this is pure dessert heaven.
Hot cross bun tiramisù
- 15ml (1 tbsp) coffee granules
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 250g mascarpone
- 30ml (2 tbsp) castor sugar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) marsala wine
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 2 – 3 hot cross buns, sliced into fingers
- cocoa, to dust
- 1 chocolate flake, to garnish
Place the coffee granules in a container and stir in the boiling water to dissolve. Set aside to cool.
Place the mascarpone, sugar and marsala in a bowl and mix until well combined. Gently fold in the whipped cream and set aside.
Dip the hot cross bun fingers quickly into the cooled coffee and line the base of individual glasses. Top with a good dollop of the mascarpone mixture, add another layer of coffee-soaked hot cross bun fingers, and finish off with a final layer of mascarpone mix. Dust with cocoa and crumble a little flake on top just before serving.