The perfect dinner for the whole family and it only takes 40 minutes to make!
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Lamb chops with minty coleslaw
- 12g (1 tbsp) steak-and-chops spice
- 6g each fresh thyme and rosemary leaves + extra sprigs, to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g lamb chops
- olive oil, to fry
- squeeze fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 96g (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 12g (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small white cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 10g (1 tbsp) sesame seeds + extra, to sprinkle
For the lamb chops, place the steak-and-chops spice, fresh thyme and rosemary leaves, and salt and freshly ground black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the lamb chops and toss to coat thoroughly. Transfer the chops to a large plate and cover with cling film. Place in the fridge to rest, about 20 minutes.
For the dressing, combine the 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil along with the remaining dressing ingredients in a small jug. Stir until well combined. Refrigerate until needed.
For the coleslaw, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss until everything is coated well. Set aside until needed.
Once the lamb chops have rested, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Place the chops in the pan and drizzle the lemon juice over. Fry the chops until browned, about 3 – 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish the lamb chops with the fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs. Serve with the minty coleslaw alongside.