Leek, smoked chicken and cabbage soup
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 6 young leeks, washed and sliced (white part only)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2L good quality chicken stock
- 4 smoked chicken breasts, finely sliced
- 2 baby cabbages, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to serve
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
Sauté the leeks and onion until translucent, about 5 – 8 minutes, and add the garlic.
Add the stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the chicken and cabbage and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Season.
Ladle into warm bowls and drizzle with the olive oil before serving.