Lemon, caper and green olive chicken cups
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 50g (¼ cup) capers, rinsed and drained
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 60ml (¼ cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 480g (3 cups) cooked
- chicken, shredded
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 80ml (? cup) green olives, pitted and chopped
- 12 cos lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chervil leaves
Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the capers and cook until crisp, about 3 – 4 minutes.
Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
Place the lemon juice, mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken, fennel and olives and toss to coat.
Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce cups and top with chervil leaves and capers to serve.
TO DRINK: Solms-Delta Vastrap 2011. This delicate white blend with its lemon and lime flavours combines well with a light summery dish.