Lime, lemon grass and green tea jellies
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 3 green-tea-and-mint teabags
- 3 lemon grass stalks, bruised
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 125ml (½ cup) castor sugar
- 500ml (2 cups) lime-flavoured sparkling mineral water
- 7 gelatine leaves, soaked in 60ml (¼ cup) cold water
- 250ml (1 cup) tinned coconut
- cream, to serve
Pour the boiling water over the teabags in a saucepan and leave to steep for 5 minutes.
Remove the teabags and add the lemon grass, ginger, lime zest and juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain and return the liquid to the pot.
Stir in the sugar until it has dissolved and simmer until the mixture thickens slightly. Add the gelatine and stir until dissolved, then add the mineral water, stirring well.
Pour into individual moulds and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Serve the jellies with a dollop of coconut cream.
You can also make one large jelly. Add an additional 2 leaves of gelatine and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.