Parmesan biscuits with yoghurt, lemon zest, black pepper and Parmesan
- Parmesan biscuits
- 50g unsalted butter, chilled
- 50g cake flour
- 25g Gruyère, coarsely grated
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated
- pinch salt
- 1 egg white, beaten, to brush
- 20ml (4 tsp) plain yoghurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50ml Parmesan, finely grate
For the biscuits, beat the butter, flour, cheeses and salt together in a food processor until combined. Pulse until the mixture comes together. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Form into a disc, wrap in cling film and refrigerate to rest, 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C
Roll out the biscuit dough on a lightly floured surface to 1cm thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 4cm rounds. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush with the egg wash. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
To serve, top each biscuit with a dollop of yoghurt and top with a sprinkling of lemon zest, black pepper and grated Parmesan. Enjoy!