This is sure to be one of the most unique breakfast/brunch/lunch dishes you’ve ever had. A pasta frittata is delicious comfort food, bursting with sharp flavours.
- 300g tagliatelle
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 190ml (¾ cup) milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g pancetta, chopped and pan-fried
- 12 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) capers, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80ml (1/3 cup) artichokes
- handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) Pecorino shavings
- handful fresh rocket, to serve
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the pasta.
Combine the milk and eggs. Season and pour over the pasta in the pan.
Gently stir through the pancetta, olives, capers, tomatoes, artichokes and parsley.
Scatter the Pecorino on top and slowly cook on low heat until the egg mixture has set.
Slice and serve hot or cold with the rocket.
To drink: Veenwouden Vivat Bacchus White 2009, a viognier and chenin blend full of white peach and spice.